STG International is seeking qualified candidates for the Psychiatrist position to work full-time providing health care to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.
The incumbent may function in (1) a consultation role, providing psychiatric consultation for medical staff and ICE, and/or (2) a clinical role, providing diagnostic, preventive, and therapeutic services to patients and (3) a supervisory or leadership role.
- Prescribes and monitors psychiatric medication treatment services including monitoring the side effects of medication and the adverse reactions.
- Offers comprehensive psycho-educational information with each medication/somatic treatment regarding the patient’s mental illness, emotional disturbance or behavior disorder, treatment goals, potential benefits and the risk of treatment, self-monitoring aids, and identifies support groups for therapeutic assistance.
- Utilizes the evidence-based algorithms for decision-making regarding patient assessment and medication management.
- Evaluates patients receiving Medication/Somatic Treatment on the Assessment of Involuntary Movement Scale (AIMS) annually, adjusting medication according to findings.
- Adheres to medical standards in accordance with IHSC policies, American Psychiatric Association standards and legal requirements.
- Determines the need for core treatment and specialty services for those in need of mental health treatment.
- Provides psychiatric care in the treatment of the full range of psychiatric problems.
- Provides expert guidance to the Director and other staff in all matters pertaining to mental health treatment (modalities and medications), and mental health programs both domestic and international.
- Maintains accreditation readiness under regulatory standards for surveys by accrediting, certifying, and licensing bodies, including the NCCHC, JCAHO and ACA.
STG International, Inc. (STGi) is a dynamic government contracting company dedicated to providing leading-edge Medical Staffing services, Human Resource Services and System Solutions, Management and Data Resources Consulting Services, and Professional and Administrative Services to our government and military clientele.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STGi was founded in 1997 to provide high quality management and technical services to federal clients. As a woman-owned, minority-owned business, recruiting a diverse corps of employees is important to us. We look for individuals with talents both broad and focused and who are looking to make a difference in our country – one patient at a time, one solution at a time.
STGi offers an outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy. STG International is an EEO compliant organization.
- Incumbent must be credentialed, privileged, and possess a current, permanent, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine.
- Must have a license to practice in the state where the facility is located.
- Must be Board eligible or certified in Psychiatry, regarded as an Expert in the field, and have administrative or supervisory experience within an inpatient treatment unit.
- Knowledge of the principles of public health.
- Is skilled in the use of various diagnostic and treatment procedures, including cognitive behavioral psychotherapy, supportive individual and group psychotherapy, somatic therapies (including the use of traditional and atypical drugs).
- Is knowledgeable about the indications and contraindications, complications and techniques in the various treatment and diagnostic modalities.