For seniors most in need of care, high quality health care is too often beyond reach. JenCare Senior Medical Center a ChenMed Company is a national leader in value-based, primary care that was founded to bring concierge-style medicine — and better health outcomes — to the neediest populations. ChenMed is a senior focused primary care organization, in nine U.S. markets through its 50+ senior medical centers. As a fully capitated Medicare Advantage provider, ChenMed provides a concierge level of care with minimal to no expense to the beneficiary.
Due to our success, we continue to grow and will be hiring a highly qualified Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Geriatricians or DO’s to join our team as a Medical Director of Center– New Orleans, LA!
As a leader in preventive, value-based care we are seeking physicians and clinicians who appreciate senior patients, excel in a collaborate environment and strive for positive outcomes for their patients
- Primary care practice model assuming full risk and accountability for patient outcomes
- PCPs serve as the quarterbacks or general managers for total patient care
- Care team including dedicated nurses and cases management social workers that support physicians, so they can remain at the center of patient care
- Transitional care team that includes full scope of in-house consulting specialists
- On-site lab and prescription dispensary
- Patient concierge services including transportation to and from appointments, prescription delivery, holistic health services including acupuncture, yoga and tai chi and nutrition seminars.
Our Physicians Enjoy
- Small patient panel size: 420 patients (our physicians see patients an average of once per month)
- Highly competitive Comp package that leads the Market
- Monday – Friday schedule, no nights or weekends
- Practice call – telephonic only and only 2-3 week blocks per year
- Comprehensive benefits and retirement package
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- CME allowance
- Unique, hands-on, three-week orientation program
- Leadership development training
- Partnership opportunity after one year of practice
- The Medical Director, Center is specifically responsible for executing the ChenMed Way and core model in his/her assigned center.
Under the direction of the Market Chief Medical Officer (MCMO), the Medical Director, Center will directly supervise, performance manage and train primary care physicians (PCPs) in his/her assigned center. The incumbent in this role is accountable for maximizing overall clinical value while engaging physicians to improve clinical quality, efficiency, outcomes and physician/patient satisfaction. In addition to being accountable for the overall clinical outcomes of his/her assigned center, he/she will also assist the MCMO in managing day-to-day clinical and business operations and building positive relationships with providers and key stakeholders for all ChenMed/JenCare/Dedicated Senior Medical Centers within the market.
The Medical Director, Center will have approximately 70-90% of time allocated to direct patient care as a PCP and/or other clinical duties, and approximately 10-30% of time allocated to leadership responsibilities, depending on market needs, size of center, patient membership and MCMO direction. The Medical Director, Center may have up to 12 direct reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers outstanding clinical outcomes and service to patient panel as a PCP.
- Directs accountability for clinical outcomes and day-to-day management of PCPs in one (1) center in the market, with regular presence in the center under direct management, and under the supervision of the MCMO.
- Manages, mentors and coaches PCPs in his/her assigned center to deliver outstanding clinical outcomes.
- Oversees and facilitates talent development of the PCPs in his/her center including, but not limited to: leading facilitated practice (physician shadowing/coaching), conducting 1:1s with direct reports, executing leadership development plans and performance management.
- Cultivates a center-level physician culture that is fully aligned with and delivering on the ChenMed core model, core values & behaviors and service standards.
- Assists MCMO in training of new practitioners.
- Assists MCMO with recruiting and interviewing PCP and specialist candidates (Note: MCMO makes hiring decisions).
- Reviews/approves center-level referrals and provides back-up for market referral and delegated utilization authorizations.
- Leads physician meetings, training and education of PCPs within assigned center.
- Partners with center manager to co-lead center stand-ups and deliver exceptional patient care across their respective teams.
- Participates in center and team meetings and leads focused clinical discussions in market huddles, super-huddles, physician meetings and may participate in external meetings.
- Accountable for appropriate management of hospital sick days for assigned center as follows: reviews inpatient census daily, delivers feedback to PCPs and ensures PCPs are keeping in contact with hospitalized patients and hospitalists; facilitates review of inpatients and other high priority patients during super huddle, accountable for discharged patients being seen and coaches PCP on appropriate flagging of high priority patients.
- Manages clinical teams to deliver VIP service, standards of care and quality guidelines, HEDIS/STARS, high-risk disease detection and high-risk disease management and other evidence based medicine.
Other duties as assigned and modified at MCMO’s discretion, which may include:
- Assists MCMO with market quality and performance improvement initiatives.
- Oversees monthly scorecard reviews and in conjunction with the MCMO delivery of quarterly CSE analysis.
- Provides training in other ChenMed entities, as needed.
- Develops deep relationships with providers and key stakeholders in the market.
- Uses the understanding of the local market dynamics to drive clinical initiatives.
- Builds clinical credibility and trust to deepen relationships.
- May be asked to assist and coordinate, in conjunction with the transition of care team; hospital, SNF, post-acute, UM, and home-based services for the market.
- Assists with implementation of cost reduction and market clinical strategies.
- Other key relationships: Center Manager, Market Clinical Manager, other cross-functional market leaders, external sub-specialists and providers in hospitals and post-acute care facilities.