you passionate about revolutionizing healthcare for the elderly and medically complex population? If so, CareConnectMD would like to meet you!
Since 1996, CareConnectMD (formerly Gerinet Medical Associates) has been providing personalized and compassionate medical care for our frail and medically complex patients in skilled nursing and long-term care facilities. Our 22 years of managing care for high-risk populations has helped us design an integrated care model that effectively coordinates care as our patients transition from inpatient to post-acute settings, including going home. Our unique value-based care model improves clinical outcomes and patient/family satisfaction, while reducing overall system costs. We are experts in symptom management, supportive care, advanced care planning, telemedicine, medical crisis prevention, and patient-family communication.
Many employers say they offer work-life balance, but few are able to deliver on that promise. CareConnectMD providers do not practice on a shift-basis, so they have more flexible schedules that work around raising their families and other important priorities. With us, there are no surprise 12-hour work shifts or increasing unpaid time for after-hour clinic work duties. Retention is important to us, so we want to make sure our providers enjoy great qualities of life. CareConnectMD provides after-hours call coverage support, so you can enjoy your time away from work without being interrupted by calls.
CareConnectMD physicians will visit a variety of skilled nursing facilities and provide medical management to skilled and custodial nursing patients. Expertise or interest in nursing facility and post-acute care, geriatric and rehabilitation medicine are required. If functioning as Supervising Physician for a clinical team (physician and 1-4 nurse practitioners), the physician will manage the patient census and be responsible for NP direction and supervision, as well as carry out scheduled performance evaluations. Attending physicians will be responsible for periodic night call, as well as rotation on weekend call.
Admissions are accepted 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Background in geriatric, rehabilitative and/or internal medicine
- Current State of California medical license
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Certificate
- Current CPR certification
- Medical malpractice insurance policy in force
- Managed care experience preferred
- Provide physician coverage for a dynamic service area, usually including 8-20 skilled facilities, depending on geographic distance, patient volume, etc.
- Determine and conduct appropriate rounding schedule to accommodate skilled and custodial patient visit requirements. Performance standard is at least 350 required visits per month
- Conduct daily rounds Monday through Friday
- Manage medical care of patients on skilled days; ensure adequate visits according to contract requirements and medical necessity; effect safe and timely discharge from skilled level of care
- Conduct (or delegate, as appropriate) timely monthly visits to all custodial patients in designated service area in accordance with California Title 22 requirements
- Respond to direct phone calls and pages from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- Initiate adequate daily communication with Call Center for review and follow-up of non-critical calls, pages, requests for orders, lab results, etc. Provide clear direction for nurse callbacks
- Thorough and accurate medical documentation of all visits using EMR
- Document/dictate discharge summary in EMR for skilled patients transitioning to care back to PCP
- Participate in weekend day call and night call (optional)
- Participate in QI program and Peer Review
- Participate in utilization management program
- Attendance at medical staff meetings
- Active, ongoing patient/family communication
- Compliance with CPT coding
- Timely completion of all medical records, sign telephone orders, and charts in accordance with facility and other applicable requirements
FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE
- Flexible schedules
- A smart phone, laptop, and a hotspot device
- Competitive salary with bonus and stock option opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package including health and dental coverage, 401(k), employer paid life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, and PTO
- Annual CME allowance (paid time-off for CME, including a $2500 stipend for physicians and $1500 for Nurse Practitioners)
- Monthly car allowance
- Malpractice insurance coverage and credentialing fees paid
Eureka is a great place for people who want to live near beautiful natural areas such as the coast, redwood forests, and amazing rivers. It's also a great place for people who like art, wine and great breweries.
Eureka was named Sunset Magazine's recent choices as on of the best places to live in the West: