Job Summary /Description
- Supports the medical and consultative needs for agencies, as a surrogate medical consultant
- Medical/Surgical Review – Routine: This category will cover review for routine medical/surgical authorization or opinion on issues including (but not limited to) extended physical therapy, consequential condition causal relationship, etc. provide a response within 10 working days
- Medical/Surgical Review – Complex: This category will cover review for routine medical/surgical authorization or opinion on issues including (but not limited to) destructive procedures, and complex medical conditions (cardio-pulmonary, psychiatric, etc.). provide a response within 20 working days
- Performs a mixture of administrative, clinical, and consultant responsibilities depending on their specific assignments
- Demonstrates a strong level of technical expertise and ability to work and communicate effectively in high stress situations.
- Receives agency program direction from the Associate Medical Director for Federal Occupational Health
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge regarding federal safety, health regulations and Workman’s Compensation and demonstrates a high level of professional conduct
- Promotes improvement-oriented ideas, and produces quality products under a short time frame
- Provides consultation with local agency management on program needs/development, provision of acute emergency care, completion of federally-regulated and agency-mandated examinations (medical surveillance, return to work, etc.), health screenings, and employee health consultations
- May be required to conduct hands-on examinations, render a professional opinion as it relates to work clearances or recommendations consistent with the examination findings and established physical qualifications
- Provides expert advice and consultation to agency and Federal agencies on Workmen’s Compensation matters.
- Performs medical consultation in accordance with agency policy and guidelines
- Current license
- Nephrology Board Certification
- Must maintain active clinical practice (separate from work for DOL) defined as a minimum of 240 hours direct patient care per year.
- Proof of active clinical practice must include address and telephone number of current practices
- Physicians (or specialists) who are employed by, under contract to, or regularly associate with other (non-DOL) Federal agencies regarding workers’ compensation claims or fitness for duty exams of employees are disqualified.
- Physicians must be granted privileges per FOH policy.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.