An ideal candidate would be a Board Certified Family Practice Physician who can provide coverage at the Fort Eustis main health center, McDonald/Troop Clinics I or II. This is a contract position for five (5) years. Normal duty hours are part-time/full-time for 32-40 hours per week during clinic hours of 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, (excluding federal holidays); however, when the Contractor is providing Standard Readiness (SRP) services, working hours will be adjusted to meet the needs of the SRP team, Fort Story, VA). Work schedule may include coverage of up to 3 Saturdays per month.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Teach patients proper self-care and motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing.
• Provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients. Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the appropriate patient population served: Infants, Children, Adolescent, Adults, and Geriatric (>65).
• The Contract HCP shall demonstrate skills in interviewing, examination, assessment, and management of patients with general medical and surgical health problems. Manage Seriously ill patients in consultation with or by direct referral to specialty physicians.
• Use initiative in carrying out recurring tasks independently without specific instructions, but refers problems or unusual situations not covered by instructions to the supervisor for help. Work shall be reviewed through periodic discussions to ascertain that procedures are being followed in a manner that ensures quality patient care.
• Must be a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or a Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) having successfully completed a three (3) year residency program in Family Practice.
• Must be Board Certified in Family Medicine by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
• Must possess a current license to practice medicine in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia.
• Must have current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) number
• Possess current certification in American Heart Association in CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) for the Professional Rescuer; or equivalent. Possess current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) also current certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). Certifications must be maintained in current status throughout contract performance at no additional cost to the Government.
• Shall have a minimum of one-year experience with interviewing, examination, assessment, and
management of patients with Urgent Medical and surgical health problems.