Chief Medical Officer
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company, aiming to help you find valuable employment in the area of healthcare, is currently accepting applications for a full-time Chief Medical Officer – Non-Direct Care. We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, paid PTO, and paid holidays.
Upon applying and meeting the qualifications, we will reach out to you and answer any further questions you may have about this opportunity. We are one of the largest workforce solutions firms in the United States, ensuring significant employment opportunities with available positions across the nation. We encourage you to Join Our Team and apply!
- Responsible for the direction and oversight of behavioral health services and policy development applicable to individuals treated for mental illness and/or substance use disorder receiving services from the PA Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Utilize consultative and advisory skills working and collaborating with BH-MCO’s, the Department managers, psychiatrists, physicians, and contracted psychiatric staff; serving as the department’s liaison with other agencies and outside entities on issues involving behavioral health care.
- Assist in the coordination and resolution of behavioral health clinical issues across program offices and facilities; and monitoring the quality of behavioral health services delivered to individuals receiving psychiatric services from the Department of Human Services.
- Develop behavioral health clinical policy and ensure implementation in a consistent manner across all of the department’s program offices and facilities.
- Assess and study the outcomes of mental health treatment and rehabilitation program objectives and policies determining the effectiveness of consumer care and/or provider reimbursement in order to establish improvements and/or modifications to best serve the needs of some of Pennsylvania’s most vulnerable citizens.
- Advises the Deputy Secretary on general policies and procedures related to behavioral health issues and delivery of care in community settings as well as state psychiatric facilities
- Oversight of the State Mental Health Facilities and service areas.
- Provides technical support to staff in the development and implementation of behavioral health related policies and procedures.
- Consultative and Clinical Liaison to the Medical Directors of the Behavioral Health-MCO’s.
- Consultative and Clinical Liaison to the Medical Directors of the state psychiatric facilities.
- Develop, implement and evaluate clinical policies, procedures, and regulations to increase the continuity, cost-effectiveness and quality of behavioral health care services provided through the Department’s managed care as well as base funded programs.
- Consultation with (DHS) Executive Staff, managers, and clinical staff regarding behavioral health care practices and clinical services such as: treatment, licensure, certification, accreditation, program management reviews, and program related issues. Establish and implement standards of care and clinical quality and risk management mechanisms.
- Public and provider relations on behalf of the Secretary of Human Services and Deputy Secretary of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
- Serve on Executive Staff of Deputy Secretary.
- Related duties as assigned
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.
- Four years of experience in the practice of psychiatry, and Board Certification in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or the American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry.
- Must possess an active unrestricted license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as issued by the State Board of Medicine or the State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Must obtain an active DEA registration number to prescribe controlled substances from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) as a condition of hire.