Psychiatrist needed to provide direct clinical care in a New York State Office of Mental Health licensed program.
Scope of Duties:
- Conducts psychiatric evaluations for program participants.
- Provides onsite psychiatric consultation to agency mental health staff.
- Analyzes and evaluates client data and test or examination findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental, emotional or behavioral disorders.
- Evaluates the need for, prescribes and monitors psychotropic medication provided to clients as needed.
- Collaborates and interacts with agency mental health staff/other clinical staff and participates in case conferences, team meetings, in-service workshops.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate, complete and timely client records that comply with regulatory standards and agency internal policy and procedure. Completes statistical and other reports as required.
- Complies with 42 CFR confidentiality and HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Executes collaboration agreement with the on-site Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Helps clients understand their behaviors and adjust to them.
- Counsels clients during office visits.
- Monitors progress and makes adjustments in treatment/medication as needed.
- Helps plan, develops and conducts training programs to maintain and improve staff understanding of co-occurring psychiatric conditions
- Participates in efforts to monitor the quality and effectiveness of ongoing clinical services.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- A graduate from an accredited Medical School. Current New York State Psychiatrist license.
- Board Certification in Psychiatry, required with a specialty in Addiction and Child/Adolescent Psychiatry, preferred.
- At least five years of prior work experience with substance abuse population, working with the underserved, transient populations and clinical co-morbidities (co-occurring mental health, substance abuse and physical health problems).
For Immediate Consideration Call Rosa 212-743-0276