The Children's Hospital is the regions largest provider of pediatric care. With the most pediatric specialists and sub specialists on staff, we are able to care for the area's most critically ill infants and children. We are seeking a BC/BE pediatric cardiologist to join our thriving health care system.
- 396-bed tertiary referral center for regional population of 1.2M in IN, OH, IL, MI
- 8 bed PICU
- 27 bed pediatric medical/surgical unit
- 7-bed dedicated Peds ER; Level II Trauma Center with pediatric designation and in-house aero medical program; 9000 visits/year, 15% conversion
- 24-bed Level III NICU with neonatal transport program, head cooling program
- 20-bed Level III OB with developing maternal/fetal transport program
- Developing Nurse-On-Line/Pediatric Nurse Triage
- Broad range of pediatric sub specialists on staff including surgery, ENT, anesthesiology, hematology/oncology, endocrine/diabetes, gastroenterology, cardiology, urology, neurology, ophthalmology, pulmonology/Cystic Fibrosis, allergy, NICU, physical medicine. Nephrology, psychiatry, orthopedic and rheumatology in-reach.
A comprehensive compensation package will be offered and may include:
Salary plus Incentive
Medical Education Debt Repayment
Health and Retirement
The Children's Hospital teams with more than 75 pediatricians practicing in 27 areas of pediatric specialty in an environment filled with imagination and color. Lutheran Hospital is committed to providing the highest level of expertise and technology locally so patients don't have to travel hours from home to receive the care they deserve.
This opportunity is located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, the 2nd largest city in Indiana. With an appealing blend of big-city amenities, cosmopolitan style, small-town affordability and two communities which boast top notch school systems, Fort Wayne is ranked nationally among the best places to live. It is an easy drive to major metropolitan areas, including Indianapolis, Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit. Indiana is consistently ranked one of the top 5 physician friendly states with low cost malpractice coverage and capped claims, low managed care and a simple licensing process.
For more information or to apply, please forward a copy of your CV to (register or log in to show contact information) or call (cell) 205-222-5495.